Butetown Medical Practice Complaints Procedure

The NHS Wales operates an independent process for raising concerns and complaints called ‘Putting Things Right’ More information on the ‘Putting Things Right’ process can be found here

We take complaints very seriously and adhere to the NHS Wales Complaints procedure.

If you are not happy with the service provided then please raise it with the Practice Manager / Deputy Practice Manager at the Surgery by writing or in person within 12 months of the incident or problem occurring.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way you may wish to make a complaint.

What we will do

  • Acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and aim to respond to you within 30 days of receiving your concern. If we cannot reply to you in that time, we will explain why and let you know when to expect a response. Some concerns may take longer to investigate
  • We will listen to your concerns to try to resolve them as quickly as possible
  • We will look into your concerns and speak to the staff involved in your care or treatment and find out what happened
  • We may offer a meeting to discuss your concerns
  • We will let you know what they have found and what they are going to do about it
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again

What to do if you are not satisfied with the response you receive

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae Pencoed CF35 5LJ

Telephone: 0300 790 0203 (Rydym yn croesawu galwadau’n Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh)

Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.

Alternative language versions of guidance on raising a complaint or concern about the NHS in Wales.

If the link does not work for any reason, please highlight the link below and right click on your mouse and go to the link


Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rule of medical confidentiality and adhere to GDPR guidelines. You can raise a concern yourself or ask a carer, friend or relative to represent you. You will need to give them written permission to do this.

Raising a complaint via your health board or trust’s complaints team

Contact the complaints team in Cardiff and Vale Unversity Health Board:



Leave a Comment